Please circulate to anyone who might be interested in this job
Employment Opportunity: SOD Food Miles Coordinator
The Saskatchewan Organic Directorate (SOD) is seeking a Project Coordinator for the Food Miles Campaign.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the SOD Food Miles Campaign, according to the requirements of the funder, Saskatchewan Environment, under the direction of the SOD Food Miles Committee.
The Project consists of five components:
* A media campaign, to promote Saskatchewan-grown organic food;
* The promotion of local procurement of Saskatchewan organic foods by public institutions;
* Web-based information to connect consumers and local organic producers;
* The development of units of study in organic food and organic agriculture for implementation in secondary (Agriculture and
Consumer Education) courses and in Elementary (K-5) and Middle Years (6-9) curricula ;
* The development of sustainable agriculture projects at the organic research and demonstration farm operated by the Back To The
Farm Research Foundation.
The Project Coordinator will also ensure that the administrative and legal requirements pertaining to the funding agreement between SOD and the Minister of the Environment are fulfilled.
For Qualifications and Duties please see http://www.saskorganic.com/about_sod/recruitment1.html
This position is a term contract for $20,000.00, to be completed by December 31, 2008.
Please submit your application, including references, by email in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2, 2007.